11.9.05

Florida...

So... Greetings from the road. The New Misereable Bastards tour is going well so far. Chris is singing great and recent add Jay Dodds is kicking the rock on the rig. Of course my good bud Ryan Hembrey is keeping the bottom end in line. Lucero, the headliners of the bill play that music that bridges the agrarian and industrial. I keep imaging they are actually operating plows instead of guitars. Its nice in a good old boy sort of way (if you like that sort of thing)(sometimes (often) I do). Also on the tour is the Limbeck Travelling Band or something like that. A tremendously nice bunch of very young hippies. I think the band has legs though, so look out!
So far the folks we have met have been Terrific (thanks Bart!).
Onr final note... right after DC we go straight to New York to play some "secret" gigs and one at "Lincoln Center" or so they say. I can get you details if you want.
First we have to work our way up the east coast and hope we don't meet "Ophelia." Even just a generic Hurricane can really ruin your day.
Peace and Love...

4 Comments:

At 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I've never posted something on a blog before. I started reading Wonkette, which is the only other blog that keeps my attention. I'm still cleaning the cobwebs out of my head from Burning Man, it was a very strange experience.

 
At 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please let us know the details of the "secret" NY gigs. I really dug the entire evening of your Jan 2004 show at Barbès in Brooklyn. I hope you enjoyed the recordings and the images. Also, the two night of the Self-Haters a few weeks ago was a blast.

 
At 7:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wasn't familiar with Jay Dodds so I Googled him. Is this the same Jay (woo woo) Dodds who pushed his mother in front of a train on her birthday? Be careful Fred.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home